|SIX REASONS TO AVOID
MEAT, DAIRY, & EGGS
1. WE ARE LIVING IN THE AGE OF INFORMATION
The truth about how unhealthy, unkind, and unsustainable it is to eat meat, dairy, and eggs is becoming far more well
known thanks to the internet, and below are the top 3 documentaries on YouTube that I would recommend to anyone
who isn't vegan yet. (No matter who you are I feel certain that these documentaries will make you want to go vegan.)
2. EVEN IF WE DID NEED TO EAT MEAT & DAIRY...
Do we really need to eat animal foods at every single meal like the average person does? The average person's daily
diet is going to be something like the following...
1. Bacon & Eggs for breakfast.
2. Ham & Cheese Sandwich for lunch.
3. Meat & Potatoes for dinner.
And don't forget about the "All You Can Eat Chicken Wings" special at the bar on game night, or the "Meat Lover's
Pizza" at "Pizza Hut" with 8 different kinds of meat on it, and the millions of turkeys that have to be sacrificed every
November just so we can have a traditional "Thanksgiving" dinner.
No one can realistically argue that we need to eat anywhere near as much meat and dairy as we currently do, so if we
try to justify our choice to consume meat and dairy by saying that meat and dairy are necessary for our health we have
a moral obligation to figure out roughly how much meat and dairy we actually need, and to try not to exceed that amount
so that we aren't causing death and suffering when we have no need to.
So if you absolutely refuse to give up meat because you think you need it to survive I encourage you to ask yourself, do
you really need to eat meat 3 times a day or could you just eat a fish stick once every 6 weeks or so and be totally fine?
3. LET'S LOOK AT THE TERM "NATURAL MEAT EATER"
What I would say is that even if we were "Natural Meat Eaters" that would mean that we should be eating "Natural Meats"
and virtually none of the meats that people are eating today could be considered "natural"...
- The meat in a McDonald's hamburger typically comes from over 100 different cows!!!
- The milk in a gallon of milk typically comes from over 1,000 different cows!!!
Because of the way that most meat and dairy products are processed these days the meat or dairy from just one animal
can literally end up in millions of products that will be distributed to grocery stores, restaurants, and school lunch
programs all across the country and possibly even abroad. So whenever there is a food recall due to Salmonella, E.
Coli, or some other health scare millions and millions of tons worth of meat and dairy will often have to be recalled
because of it.
"Processed Meats" make up the majority of the meat that people are buying today, so if we use the argument that our
ancient ancestors ate meat and therefore we should eat meat like they did simply look the ingredient list on processed
meats such as "Hot Dogs", "Bologna" and "Bacon" and ask yourself if this is what our ancient ancestors were eating or if
the meats that we are eating today would have killed our ancient ancestors in the past and will kill us in the future if we
don't stop eating them. (The "World Health Organization" recently declared that processed meats are a "carcinogen" to
"Factory Farmed Meat"
Today 98% of the animals that are being raised for food are raised in factory farms. So even if you only buy
"unprocessed meats" that meat is still "unnatural" if it came from a factory farm since the animals in these farms are fed
a completely unnatural diet, are raised in a totally unnatural environment, and are given growth hormones in order to
grow unnaturally big and fast.
If you put some raw meat (such as beef, chicken, or pork) in your mouth and your natural instincts are to immediately
spit it out and to then run to a sink and spend the next few minutes trying to wash the disturbing taste out your mouth it's
a good sign that you aren't a carnivore, and if the sight and smell of a dead animal turns off your appetite rather than
turning it on it is also a good sign that you aren't a carnivore. (Carnivores salivate at the sight and smell of a dead
animal and sometimes they will even roll around on a dead animal just to have that smell on them.)
So even if you go out of your way to buy "Free Range", "Grass Fed", and "Wild Caught" meats just remember that once
you cook these meats they are no longer "natural". (All natural meat eaters eat meat completely raw, but we on the
other hand are warned that if we are going to eat meat we should cook it first because raw meat can harbor parasites
and bacteria that can be deadly to humans, and personally I think that if a food has something in it that could harm or
even kill us unless we kill it first by boiling or burning it to death it is a good sign that we shouldn't be eating that food in
the first place.)
Recently I overheard a group of people talking about a TV show called "Bizarre Foods" and they were talking about how
the guy on that show will eat pig eyes, monkey brains, bull testicles and all kinds of other "bizarre" things, and what's
important to realize about this is that no natural meat eater would find any of those kinds of foods "bizarre". (When a
natural meat eater eats an animal they will eat the blood, the eyes, the internal organs, and sometimes they will even
swallow an animal whole. So when we kill a chicken just for certain portions of it's meat, or kill a shark just for it's fins, or
kill an elephant just for its tusks we are being wasteful and cruel, and we are showing that we are far from being natural
- No other species drinks milk after its infancy.
- No other species drinks milk from a different species.
4. WORLD HUNGER
Cows are naturally designed to eat grass, but farmers have learned that if they feed their cows and other farm animals
grains they will grow quicker and fatter, so most farm animals are raised on a diet of grains. The problem with this is that
an animal will have to eat about 15 pounds of grains in order to grow 1 pound of meat and because of this virtually all of
the grains that are grown in America are consumed by livestock...
- Over 80% of all corn grown in America is fed to livestock.
- Over 85% of all soy grown in America is fed to livestock.
- Over 95% of all oats grown in America is fed to livestock.
The amount of grains that we are feeding to farm animals could easily feed every single human on the planet and end
world hunger many times over, but instead we choose to take this enormous amount of edible grain and convert it into a
much, much, much smaller amount of meat and billions and billions of tons of manure! (This has been referred to as
"The most wasteful recycling program ever created by man.")
The manure that these animals produce also pollutes the environment and ends up in our rivers and oceans which
results in a serious shortage of safe drinking water, and keep in mind that it also requires over 1,000 gallons of drinking
water just to produce 1 gallon of cow milk.
So in the end, the animals that we are raising to eat actually end up consuming more food and water than we do.
As the human population grows the last thing that we should be doing is increasing the amount of meat and dairy that
we consume. (Which is exactly what we are being encouraged to do everyday by the media.) And what's really scary
about this is the fact that other countries are starting to eat the way that Americans do. (McDonalds, Pizza Hut, KFC,
Burger King, and Taco Bells are popping up all over the world so it is crucial that everyone becomes more aware of just
how unsustainable the American way of eating really is before it's too late.)
It has been estimated that if everyone in the world ate as much meat and dairy as Americans do it would require several
extra Earths just for there to be enough land and water to grow all of the food that it would require to feed that many
farm animals, and because the American diet is so unsustainable, a lot of the land in developing countries outside of
America is actually being used solely to raise cattle for Americans. (So when you see images of starving children in 3rd
world countries just know that the reason they are starving isn't because there isn't enough food being grown in their
country but rather they are starving because so much of their countries land and resources have been taken over by
the meat industry who wants to grow beef and sell it to rich Americans, so America can eat more "Big Macs" and
continue to be a nation of people who die due to eating too much rather than due to eating too little.)
So if it is your desire to help end world hunger and to see everyone have clean drinking water there is no greater action
that you can take in your everyday life than to simply stop supporting the meat and dairy industries. And if you want to
be a "Super Hero" the best thing that you can do is to inspire more people out there to adopt a plant-based diet.
"Cruelty", "Suffering", "Slavery", "Torture", "Murder", "Rape", and even "Child Abuse" are all accurate words to describe
the horrors that go on inside the meat and dairy industries, and if it is your desire to be a "Kind", "Loving", and
"Peaceful", person you will not be able to reach your true potential as long as you are supporting this kind of violence.
Did I actually use the word "Child Abuse" to describe the meat and dairy industry?
Yes I did... The only reason that any of the animals in factory farms don't die before the day they are slaughtered is
simply because they are slaughtered at such a young age. (It would be impossible in my opinion for an animal to live
out it's entire natural life expectancy and die of natural causes if they spent their whole life living inside of a factory farm.)
Below is a chart that shows the natural life expectancies of different farm animals as well as the age that they are
actually killed in the meat industry...
Sometimes when people learn about the cruelty that goes on in the meat industry they feel bad and decide to stop
eating meat, but they will continue to purchase dairy and eggs because they imagine that the animals who are being
raised for their milk and for their eggs don't experience the same kind of suffering and death that the animals who are
being raised for their meat do, but the truth is that they actually have an even worse life and death...
Problems With Dairy
- Dairy Cows spend their entire life in a small cage. (Life in prison)
- Dairy Cows are impregnated against their will through artificial insemination. (Rape)
- Dairy Cows have all of their babies taken away from them the day they that they are born. (Kidnapping)
- Dairy Cows are slaughtered once they are unable to produce as much milk as the dairy industry wants them to. (Death
Even the worst criminals and mass murders in history didn't receive anywhere near the level of punishment that these
animals (who are 100% innocent) are forced to endure simply because we choose to drink their milk, and the only way
to put an end to this injustice is for us to stop spending our money on it.
Keep in mind that in order for a dairy cow to produce milk she has to get pregnant, and if she gives birth to a female her
baby will be forced to become a dairy cow like her, and if she gives birth to a male her baby will be sold to the meat
industry where he will be raised for "veal" meat. (Which is meat from baby cows who are purposely fed a diet that is
deficient in iron and who are kept inside a crate that is too small to move around in so they won't develop any muscle
because people enjoy eating the soft and tender meat from these abused baby cows.)
And please realize that all dairy cows ultimately get sent to the slaughterhouse and killed once their milk production
starts to go down, so even if you are a vegetarian and you don't eat any meat you are still supporting the meat industry
anytime you buy dairy.
Problems With Eggs
Because male chickens can't lay eggs they are considered worthless to egg farmers and are killed the day they hatch,
(Either by being put into a meat grinder while they are still alive or by being put into garbage bags and thrown in a
dumpster while they are still alive.) and it is estimated that the egg industry kills over 6 billion male chicks this way every
The female chickens are kept alive, but they are forced to live in really small cages with several other female chickens
and they are crammed together so tightly that they will never even be able to spread their wings, and they also have
their beaks cut off so they won't be able to peck at each other.
These chickens are forced to lay so much more eggs than they would naturally that their bodies quickly ware out from
this extreme stress and trauma and once they can no longer lay as many eggs as the egg industry wants them to the
workers will purposely stop feeding them food or water because they have learned that if a chicken is starving it's body
will devote all of it's available energy to producing more eggs in a final attempt to insure that when it dies it will have
offspring that will live on, and this starvation method continues until the chicken simply dies from starvation.
So if you are a vegetarian for ethical reasons you need to know that any time you buy eggs you are supporting the
unethical treatment of animals.
THE INHUMANE TREATMENT OF PEOPLE
Most of the people who currently eat meat would quickly become a vegetarian if the only way that they could eat meat
from now on was to kill an animal themselves, so whenever we buy pre-packaged meat at the store someone else had to
kill that animal for us, and the odds are that the person who killed that animal has had to personally kill thousands of
animals, and try to imagine for a moment what it would be like to work at a slaughterhouse...
Imagine that your job required you to kill a certain number of animals per hour and no matter how much screaming and
suffering you witnessed you had to turn your compassion off and just keep killing these scared and defenseless animals
without mercy if you wanted to keep your job. What do you think having a job like that would do to someone
And to make matters worse, because of our high demand for meat and the competitive market slaughterhouse workers
often have to work so fast that their jobs becomes among the most dangerous in the world and every year there are
many cases of slaughterhouse workers losing their fingers, losing one of their arms, or even losing their own lives due to
falling victim to the dangerous weapons that they are being paid to kill and butcher animals with.
So if you wouldn't want to work at a slaughterhouse and you wouldn't want anyone that you love and care about to have
to work at a place like that, then please don't continue to buy meat because doing so results in someone out there being
given the unfortunate job of "killing for a living".
YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT
The conditions that factory farmed animals are being raised in are beyond brutal and inhumane, and even if you don't
care at all about what the animals go through below are some reasons why eating animals that were raised in factory
farms is harmful to your health...
- Eating Animals That Were Raised In Their Own Waste
Factory farms save space by cramming their animals as closely together as possible. (Such as in large chicken shacks
were literally over 100,000 chickens are crammed into one building.) On farms like this it would be physically impossible
to actually keep all of the animal cages clean and sanitary so the animals have to stand, sit, and even sleep in their own
urine and feces. (It is so bad that people living within several miles of farms like these will often get sick from the smell,
and when the animals are finally taken out of their cages and sent to the slaughterhouse it sometimes requires
bulldozers just to haul away all of the manure that piled up when they were being raised in these unsanitary conditions.)
In Europe there were deadly plagues because people were simply throwing their raw sewage into the streets, and it
makes no sense to believe that living that way would make humans sick and diseased, but that it would be totally safe
and OK to eat animals that are being raised in similar (and often far worse) conditions.
- Eating Animals That Were Traumatized When They Died
If the slaughter of an animal isn't quick and painless and the animal experiences a lot of trauma at the end of it's life it
will release a lot of adrenaline, which is a fear hormone often referred to as the "fight or flight" hormone. This hormone
will remain in the animal's meat and is toxic to us when we eat it, and besides being toxic it is also believed by many that
when people consume meat that contains a lot of adrenaline it can cause them to become far more likely to snap and go
into a "fight or flight" mode over little things that most people could easily ignore. (Like a stranger accidentally bumping
into them when they are walking down the street.)
At most slaughterhouses an animal is "humanely killed" by getting shot in the head with a bolt, however, this often
doesn't kill them or even knock them unconscious, and in many cases they are still alive when they have their arms and
legs sawed off, or when they get put through a meat grinder, or when they get dropped into a hot water tank and are
boiled alive, and animals like this will no doubt be releasing a lot of adrenaline right before they die.
- Eating Animals That Were Sick When They Died
If you were a farmer and one of your cows spent it's whole life being sick and you were constantly having to have a
veterinarian come and give the cow antibiotics, would you feel safe eating it's meat when it died? It is estimated that
80% of all of the antibiotics that are produced in America are given to animals that are being raised for human
There are several videos on-line that show cows who are so sick that they can't even walk being picked up with a forklift
or dragged with a rope to the slaughterhouse so they can be turned into meat that will be sold to the public. (These
cows are referred to as "downers" and even if they are rare like the meat industry claims, remember as I said earlier that
the meat from just one animal can literally end up in millions of different food products.)
The meat industry claims that there are health inspectors who's job is to come and inspect the animals to make sure that
they are healthy and safe to eat, but keep in mind that over 100 BILLION animals are killed each year for human
consumption, which makes you wonder how in the world they could possibly have enough time or inspectors to throughly
inspect 100 BILLION different animals every year.
Animals on factory farms are raised indoors and in cages that are so small that they can't even turn around, and
because of this complete lack of physical exercise and sunlight (which are just as necessary for the health of animals as
they are for the health of humans) combined with the fact that they are constantly exposed to urine and feces they are
guaranteed to get sick and are highly vulnerable to disease, so antibiotics are necessary when animals are being raised
in such unhealthy conditions. However, the antibiotics that they are given can also result in the formation of antibiotic
resistant bacteria or "superbugs" which could cause those who eat the meat to get sick, and could potentially even lead
to the outbreak of a pandemic disease that no existing antibiotic can cure.
6. 100 POWERFUL VEGAN QUOTES
1. "I ask people why they have deer heads on their walls and they always say that it's because it's such a beautiful
animal. You know, I think that my mother is beautiful, but I choose to have photographs of her on my wall."
- Ellen DeGeneres
2. “Nothing will benefit human health and increase the chances of survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a
- Albert Einstein
3. "To get mud off your hands, use soap and water. To get blood off your hands, go vegan."
- John Sakars
4. "Now I can look at you in peace... I don’t eat you anymore."
- Franz Kafka (While admiring fish in a pond.)
5. "I brainwashed youngsters into doing wrong. I want to say sorry to children everywhere for selling out to people who
make millions by murdering other living creatures.“
- Geoffrey Guiliano (The actor who played "Ronald Mcdonald" in the 1980s.)
6. "I don't want to eat anything that had a mother."
- Mr. Rogers
7. "If slaughterhouses had glass walls, everyone would be vegetarian."
- Linda and Paul McCartney
8. "People often say that humans have always eaten animals, as if this is justification for continuing the practice.
According to this logic, we should not try to prevent people from murdering other people, since this has also been done
since the earliest of recorded times."
- Isaac Bashevis Singer
9. "Last year over a million people left the same suicide note... SHOPPING LIST: Butter, Eggs, Milk, Beef, and Bacon."
- Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
10. "We choose to eat meat and have therefore built slaughter houses for the animals and hospitals for us."
- Akbarali Jetha
11. "The reason I dedicate my life to helping animals, is because so many people dedicate their lives to hurting them."
12. "If one person is unkind to an animal it is considered to be cruelty, but if a lot of people are unkind to animals
(especially in the name of profit) the cruelty is condoned and will be defended by otherwise intelligent people."
- Ruth Harrison
13. "Animals give me more pleasure through the viewfinder of a camera than they ever did in the crosshairs of a gun
sight. And after I've finished "shooting," my unharmed victims are still around for others to enjoy."
- Jimmy Stewart
14. "If you don't like seeing pictures of violence towards animals being posted, you need to stop the violence, not the
- Johnny Depp
15. "Please don't refuse with your eyes what the animals have to endure with their bodies so you can eat them."
- Shaun Monson, speaking on the difficulty of viewing the graphic slaughterhouse footage in his film "Earthlings".
16. “I hold that the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man”
- Mohandas Gandhi
17. "Teaching a child not to step on a caterpillar is as valuable to the child as it is to the caterpillar."
- Bradley Millar
18. "On Thanksgiving families get together to celebrate one genocide (against Native Americans) by committing another
genocide (against turkeys)."
- Dan Brook
19. "Some people think a vegan diet is extreme, but you know, half a million people each year have their chests
surgically opened up and then have a vein taken from their leg and sewn onto their coronary artery, and I would call that
- Dr. Caldwell B. Esselstyn
20. "Ask the scientists who test on animals why they do it and their answer is: "Because the animals are like us." Ask the
experimenters why it is morally acceptable to experiment on animals, and their answer is: "Because the animals are not
- Professor Charles R.Magel
21. "A customer was complaining that it smelled like something was dead over in the meat department."
- Rich Lysloff
22. "When a man wants to kill a tiger for fun, he calls it sport, but if the tiger kills him in self defense it is called ferocity."
- George Bernard Shaw
23. "Over 100 million sharks die at the hands of humans each year, while only 25 people a year die from shark attacks!"
- E Magazine
24. "Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant? I'm halfway through my fish sandwich and I just realized, "Oh my
God... I could be eating a slow learner!"
- Lynda Montgomery
25. "Animal rights has never been about equal rights. A chicken does not need the right to vote, but perhaps should
have the right to spread her wings, which is a right that is not applicable to humans."
- Gary Loewenthal
26. "With veganism you give nothing up... You just stop taking that which was never yours to take."
- Jamison Scala
27. "Imagine if you discovered that your employer was planning to kill you as soon as you reached retirement age so
that he wouldn't have to pay your retirement checks... Would learning that he planned on killing you "humanely" make it
OK with you?"
- Wendy Davison
28. "Life is too short to make others shorter.”
29. "The social views of animal consumption are geographical... (In one country an animal is raised for food and can be
found in many traditional recipes, and in another country that same animal is a common pet and it would be considered
"wrong" or even a "sin" to harm or kill it, and in another country eating the meat of that animal is believed to be a
powerful "aphrodisiac") My belief is that no animals have to die in order for me to live!"
- Jared Six
30. "The animals of the world exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than blacks were
made for whites, or women were made for men."
- Alice Walker
31. "The nightmare of factory farming is more than can be described in words. No one can see, smell, taste, hear, or
feel that nightmare without going into that farm and experiencing it in person. There are not enough videos, photos, or
stories in the world that can depict the hell in which the animals live every minute of their lives. What I saw while working
undercover will haunt me for the rest of my life."
- TJ Tumasse
32. "I was so moved by the intelligence, sense of fun, and personalities of the animals that I worked with on the set of the
movie "Babe" that by the end of the film I was a vegetarian."
- James Cromwell
33. "When I was poor and living in a garage in Kansas I began to draw the mice that scampered over my desk. That is
how Mickey Mouse was born."
- Walt Disney
34. "People are fed by the Food Industry which pays no attention to health,and are treated by the Health Industry which
pays no attention to food."
- Wendell Berry
35. "The idea that some lives matter less than others is the root of all that is wrong with the world"
- Paul Farmer
36. "We are quite literally gambling with the future of our planet for the sake of hamburgers."
- Pete Singer
37. "If we are trespassing, so were the American Soldiers who broke down the gates of Hitler's death camps; If we are
thieves, so were the members of the Underground Railroad who freed the slaves of the South; and if we are vandals, so
were those who destroyed forever the gas chambers of Buchenwald and Auschwitz."
- Animal Liberation Front
38. "Cruelty to animals is one of the top 3 warning signs that a child will grow up to be a serial killer."
- John Douglas
39. "People are more afraid of terrorists than the bacon they eat and I'm just like, "You do know which one is more likely
to kill you right?"
40. "During the last 80 years scientists experimented on millions of animals and have so far come up with 900 ways of
causing cancer in mice, and still no cure for humans!"
- J.F. Brailsford, MD
41. "We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly
that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form."
- Rev. William Ralph Inge
42. "We kill billions of animals, destroy the rain forest, poison the environment, and sell you products that are killing
you. Thank you for the support!"
- The Meat Industry
43. "Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's
punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we choose to look the other way."
- King, Martin Luther Jr.
44. "Animals go into the slaughterhouse alive & come out chopped into pieces and people like to think something
humane happens along the way."
- Larry Fisher
45. "When an innocent man gets accused of murder his friends and family will often defend him by telling everyone that
he couldn't have done it because he is the type of person who "wouldn't even hurt a fly", and I encourage you to stop
and think for a moment about what a statement like that actually implies."
- Jared Six
46. "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."
47. "My wife Kimora once told me while we were watching "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" that it's a vegetarian movie
because the way that the woman was screaming, "Aaaahhh," and trying to run away is how every animal you eat reacted
at the slaughterhouse."
- Russell Simmons
48. "Fur coats are worn by beautiful animals and ugly people"
- Anonymous, on the fact that there is nothing more unattractive than a person without compassion.
49. "Of course it's cold, it's a dead cow!"
- A Waiter to a customer complaining about their steak being cold.
50. "The idea that it is funny to see wild animals coerced into acting like clumsy humans, or thrilling to see powerful
beasts reduced to cringing cowards by a whip cracking trainer is primitive and medieval."
- Morris, Dr. Desmond
51. "To get a feel for fur simply slam your fingers in a car door and you will experience a small fraction of the pain that
fur-bearing animals feel when they get caught in the sharp metal fur traps."
- Eckhoff, Vickery
52. "Natural meat eaters eat the eyes, the bones, and the blood of their prey, and we complain if there's a hair in our
53. "Those who wish to have exotic animals as pets "love" them, but those who instead allow them to simply live in the
wild where they belong love them even more."
- Edwin Way Teale
54. "The most violent weapon on Earth is the table fork"
- Mohandas Gandhi
55. "Fur used to turn heads, now it turns stomachs."
- Rue McClanahan
56. "I went snorkeling and noticed how gently the fish welcomed us into their world, compared to the violence with which
we welcome them into ours. That incident caused me to became a vegetarian."
- Syndee Brinkman
57. "The wild, cruel animal is not behind the bars of a cage. He is standing in front of it."
- Munthe, Axel
58. "Don't believe the cartoon drawing of a happy smiling cow on a milk carton. If the dairy cow's life was put into a book
it would be a horror novel."
- Evolve Campaigns
59. "The human body has absolutely no requirement for animal flesh. Nobody has ever been found face-down 20 yards
from Burger King because they couldn't get their Whopper in time."
- Dr. Michael Klaper.
60. "McDonald's announced that it's considering a more humane way of slaughtering its animals. They fatten them up
and then kill them. You know the same thing they do to their customers, isn't it?”
- Jay Leno
61. "If you think that being hung upsidedown and having your throat cut while you are still alive and bleeding to death is
a humane way to die make sure to let your family and friends know that's how you'd like to go"
- Animal Rights Activist "Victoria"
62. "Hunting would only be a fair sport if the animals had guns too."
- William S. Gilbert
63. "People who think that vegans are weak clearly have no idea how much strength it takes to stand up for what you
64. "Nobody really needs a mink coat... Except the mink."
- Glenda Jackson
65. "My body will not be a tomb for other creatures"
- Leonardo Da Vinci
66. "Where do I get my protein? The same place your "protein" gets theirs."
67. "People don't want to think about the fact that there's a victim involved in their choice to eat meat so they try to make
themselves out to be the victim by saying that if they became a vegetarian they could never eat bacon again."
68. "Awareness is bad for the meat business. Conscience is bad for the meat business. Sensitivity is bad for the meat
business. "Denial" however, the meat business finds indispensable."
- John Robbins (Author of "Diet for a New America")
69. "We have actually turned living animals into inanimate objects - Sandwiches and shoes"
- Gary Yourofsky
70. "Back when I was eating meat every day if I didn't have caffeine in the morning I would start the day looking and
moving like the meat eating zombies in horror films."
- Jared Six
71. "People eat meat and think that it will make them as strong as an ox, forgetting that the ox eats grass."
- Pino Caruso
72. "If there would come a voice from God saying, 'I'm against vegetarianism!' I would say, 'Well, I am for it!' This is how
strongly I feel in this regard."
- Isaac Bashevis
73. "Animal lovin' ain't shovin' them in the oven."
- Harley Johnstone AKA "Durianrider"
74. "You do realize don't you that by arguing against veganism and animal rights you are arguing for animal cruelty to
-Joshua Andrew Huggett
75. "The meat industry has the highest rate of employee injury and illness in the manufacturing sector."
- Human Rights Watch.
76. "They paved paradise and put up a parking lot."
- Joni Mitchell
77. “If you think eating meat is just a personal choice, just remember that if your personal choices have a victim it is no
longer a personal choice.”
78. "The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man."
- Charles Darwin
79. "Someone asked me, "How's your rabbit food?" and I said, "Fine." ... "How's your vulture food?"
- Doug Graham (Author of "The 80/10/10 Diet")
80. "Put a baby in a crib with an apple and a rabbit, and if the baby eats the rabbit and plays with the apple, I'll buy you
a new car."
- Harvey Diamond
81. "When I hear people say that God put animals here for us to eat it's no different than hearing someone say that
Santa Claus put animals here for us to eat."
- John Sakars
82. "The question is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk? but, Can they suffer?"
- Jeremy Bentham
83. "It often happens that a man develops a deeper love and friendship with his pet cat or dog than he does with most of
the other humans in his life."
- Henry David Thoreau
84. "Don't talk of love and peace when you have a dead animal on your plate"
85. "As long as there are slaughterhouses, there will be battlefields."
- Leo Tolstoy
86. "150 years ago, they would have thought you were absurd if you advocated for the end of slavery. 100 years ago,
they would have laughed at you for suggesting that women should have the right to vote. 50 years ago, they would
object to the idea of African Americans receiving equal rights under the law. 25 years ago they would have called you a
pervert if you advocated for gay rights. They laugh at us now for suggesting that animal slavery be ended, but someday
day they won't be laughing."
- Gary Smiths
87. "If humans killed each other at the same rate that we kill animals the human race would be extinct in only 17 days!"
88. "When humans act with cruelty we describe them as "animals", yet the only animals that displays cruelty are
- Anthony Douglas Willimas."
89. "When you approach the golden arches you are on your way to the pearly gates."
- Dr. William Castelli
90. "I began to wonder why we cuddle some animals and stick forks into others."
- Henry Spira
91. "As long as people will shed the blood of innocent creatures there can be no peace, no liberty, no harmony between
people. Slaughter and justice cannot dwell together."
- Isaac Bashevis Singer
92. "A meat-eating environmentalist is an oxymoron"
- Patty Mark
93. "To you it is just a meal, but to them it is life itself."
94. "When I went vegetarian meat eaters asked me, "Where will you get your protein?" Later in life when I went vegan
vegetarians asked me, "Where will you get your protein?" And when I decided to become a raw foodist vegans asked
me, "Where will you get your protein?"
- Dr. Doug Graham (Author of "The 80/10/10 Diet) on the unnecessary fears around protein.
95. “Why the #@*& does this have milk in it?"
- Every vegan ever
96. “Be one less person harming animals.”
97. "Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s need, but not enough for every man’s greed"
- Mohandas Gandhi
98. "Some claim that fish don't feel pain, but when you pull a fish out of the water you get the same exact frantic struggle
to survive that you do if you push a human underwater.
- Jared Six
99. "Suffering is suffering. It is always ugly. It is always unwelcome. It always needs to be stopped. There are no
exceptions. A person with the capacity but not the inclination to cease suffering is morally incomplete."
- Mirko Bagaric
100. "Isn't man an amazing animal? He kills wildlife such as birds, kangaroos, deer, all kinds of cats, coyotes, beavers,
groundhogs, mice, foxes and dingoes by the million in order to protect his domestic animals and their feed. Then he kills
domestic animals by the billion and eats them. This in turn kills man by the million, because eating all those animals
leads to degenerative and fatal health conditions like heart disease, kidney disease, and cancer. So then man tortures
and kills millions more animals in the name of science to look for cures for these diseases. Elsewhere, millions of other
human beings are being killed by hunger and malnutrition because food they could eat is being used to fatten domestic
animals. Meanwhile, some people are dying of sad laughter at the absurdity of man, who kills so easily and so violently,
and once a year, sends out cards praying for "Peace on Earth."
- David Coats from Old MacDonald's Factory Farm
BACK TO STEP ONE
CHICKEN - EGG LAYING (MALE)
CHICKEN - EGG LAYING (FEMALE)
COWS - BEEF
COWS - DAIRY
COWS - VEAL
NATURAL LIFE EXPECTANCY
08 YEARS OLD
08 YEARS OLD
08 YEARS OLD
30 YEARS OLD
30 YEARS OLD
30 YEARS OLD
12 YEARS OLD
AGE WHEN SLAUGHTERED
6 WEEKS OLD
1 DAY OLD SINCE THEY CAN'T LAY EGGS
1.5 YEARS OLD
1.5 YEARS OLD
5 YEARS OLD
2 MONTHS OLD
6 MONTHS OLD
A VEGAN DIET IS
GOOD FOR YOUR
A VEGAN DIET IS
GOOD FOR THE
A VEGAN DIET IS
GOOD FOR THE